Today’s gorgeous session is shared with us by Sarah Collier of Taken by Sarah photography and Layne Owensby of Blush Beauty and Makeup. They recently started a project together where they offer a full service boudoir experience that includes styling, hair, makeup and photography. We love this idea so much because it really makes the boudoir experience easy and empowering. Not only do they provide all the services you need for beautiful photos, but having these supportive women by your side during your session must help alleviate nerves and help boost your confidence.
We couldn’t wait to hear more, and Sarah and Layne were gracious enough to answer all our questions. We hope you enjoy this Q+A as much as we did!
- What was your inspiration for a partnership with Blush Beauty and Makeup for a boudoir package? Layne and I have worked together for a couple of years and our styles compliment each other well. We have a lot of fun with these shoots! I want to offer a classy, beautiful session to women who either feel awesome about how they look or don't, and show both them and the person they are giving the photos to, that they ARE beautiful and they don't have to follow the "standard" that we all hold ourselves to. I want to show that side of people in a way they may not know is possible for them.
- What do you hope for women who purchase this service to gain from the experience? I want them to understand that they are beautiful being who they are and not some unrealistic vision they have. I also want them to do a shoot they feel comfortable with, showing as little or as much as they want, and not feeling the need to bare it all if they don't want to.
- Has Layne taken boudoir photos before? How did she feel before, during and after the session? She hasn't and she did a fantastic job. She came across as confident and relaxed the whole time.
- What would you like to share to encourage women who are nervous to do a boudoir session to use your service? Just go for it! You're never going to be in "perfect" shape. But having the ability to say "I know I look sexy" on your own terms is empowering. The way Sarah shoots is unlike any other photographer. She highlights your best features and encourages you throughout the whole process. You leave there with a new sense of pride in how beautiful you are.
- What makeup tips can Layne share for women preparing to do a session? Step out of your comfort zone. Boudoir is about a fantasy, so play into that. Allow the makeup artist to do what they do best. They are the professional, they know what looks good for these types of photos. It's fun to be a vixen for a day!
Thank you to Sarah and Layne for sharing their session and their service with the Boudoir Collective community. Capturing who you are in this season of your life is definitely more important than waiting until you’re in perfect shape or fit that ideal beauty standard. We hope their words encourage you to take a chance on yourself and just go for it!